e’cco bistro presents, the Te Mata Wine Dinner in association with The Wine Emporium, Newstead, A Special Evening with a Hawkes Bay Star!
We are excited to announce that we will be hosting The Wine Emporium‘s first wine dinner of the year, particularly as it involves one of our favourite New Zealand producers, Te Mata Estate. Established in 1896, it is one of the oldest wineries in the country and is responsible for some its greatest wines, including Coleraine, one of the finest Bordeaux blends in the Southern Hemisphere.
e’cco owner Philip Johnson invites you to enjoy a customised five course tasting menu by head chef Simon Palmer matched with a stellar line up of new release and back vintage wines.
What: Five Course Te Mata Estate Wine Dinner
When: 7pm, Thursday, 25th February
Where: E’cco Bistro, 100 Boundary Street, Brisbane
Cost: $135 per head (pre-paid event). Limited numbers.
Bookings: Call us on (07) 3831 8461
THE WINES /
- 2014 Te Mata Cape Crest Semillon Sauvignon Blanc + 2011 Te Mata Cape Crest Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- 2014 Te Mata Elston Chardonnay + 2010 Te Mata Elston Chardonnay
- 2014 Te Mata Awatea Cabernet Merlot + 2009 Te Mata Awatea Cabernet Merlot
- 2014 Te Mata Coleraine Cabernet Merlot + 2009 Te Mata Coleraine Cabernet Merlot
- 2014 Te Mata Bullnose Syrah + 2010 Te Mata Bullnose Syrah
THE MENU /
- course 1: heirloom tomato, pomegranate, perilla, smoked almond milk dressing, fried quinoa
- course 2: cured ocean trout, oyster emulsion, wild rice, elderflower, compressed cucumber, buttermilk
- course 3: roasted bone marrow w lemon thyme popcorn
- course 4: rangers valley rump cap w smoked carrot puree, charred leek, tarragon aioli
- course 5: pedro glazed fiji apple w midnight moon and smoked ricotta crumb